How to cancel an ExpressVPN subscription?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) can fulfill its purpose but not for a long time. Whether it’s because you no longer require all of the benefits that a VPN provides, the service failed to meet your expectations, or for any other reason, there’s no use in wasting money, especially when customer-friendly refund policies are available.
ExpressVPN is a well-known virtual private network (VPN) software product. The VPN service is a security and privacy feature that encrypts a user’s web traffic while hiding his or her IP address.
However, not every product will be able to satisfy the entire customer. The good news is that ExpressVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to customers who are unhappy with their VPN service for any reason.
It’s really simple to cancel ExpressVPN and request a refund, but only if you know the appropriate trick.
So, here in this article, I’ll walk you through the process of canceling ExpressVPN and getting a refund step by step. Before you cancel your subscription, remember that ExpressVPN provides live customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you can contact them if you have any problems.
72 % NordVPN discount Click to Buy Now offer limited
How to cancel an ExpressVPN subscription Step By Step Guide ?
- Log in. Visit your desired website and then search for the ExpressVPN website. You have to sign in to your account by entering your credentials.
- Manage subscription settings. Find Subscription and under subscription click on Manage Settings.
- Turn off Auto-Renewal. Now, you have to turn off the automatic renewal option. will be a line stating Turn off Automatic Renewal.
- In the next two pages, you will be asked to confirm your choice. So, click turn off automatic renewal twice in the pages.
- Redirected to the dashboard. A confirmation message showing that the automatic renewal option is turned off is displayed in red.
- Final confirmation. A message will show that your ExpressVPN subscription has ended. However, you can still use the ExpressVPN account when the subscription date is due. Once the subscription has ended your next step will be contacting their customer service for a refund.
Cancellation procedure when paid through credit cards or PayPal Payment mode:
Follow the steps to cancel a subscription:
- Log in. Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
- Search Subscription. Your subscription term and renewal date may be found under Subscription.
- Turn off Auto-Renewal. Select Manage subscription settings from the drop-down menu. You’ll be taken to the page for Automatic Renewal Settings. On the next two pages, select Turn off automatic renewal and confirm your selection.
- Your membership will be canceled when you reach the page that says “Automatic Renewal is now OFF for Subscription…,” and you will not be charged after the completion of your subscription period. (You can continue to use ExpressVPN till the expiry date, and you can turn automatic renewal back on at any time.)
Cancellation procedure when paid through PaymentWall or BitPay Payment mode:
Follow these steps to cancel a subscription:
The Manage settings link will not be shown to customers who pay with Paymentwall or BitPay. Your subscription will automatically stop on the subscription date if you paid for it with BitPay or Paymentwall.
What is the procedure for canceling an ExpressVPN subscription for Android users?
The canceling process differs slightly if you purchased your ExpressVPN subscription through the Play Store rather than straight from ExpressVPN.
You can cancel your ExpressVPN subscription through the Play Store by following these steps:
Log in to the ExpressVPN website using your details.
To deactivate your account, click the chat icon and contact customer service.
When asked for an explanation, you can claim that you don’t require a VPN.
They will then confirm your cancellation and issue a refund to you.
On Android, customer service can assist you in canceling your trial subscription. You will receive an email once customer service has confirmed your cancellation, and your refund will be completed within 7-10 business days.
72 % NordVPN discount Click to Buy Now offer limited
What is the procedure for cancelling an ExpressVPN subscription for MAC users?
ExpressVPN subscriptions purchased through iTunes or the App Store need a separate canceling method. This is how you can accomplish it:
- Go to the Settings menu, choose your name, and then Subscription.
- To manage an ExpressVPN membership, go to ExpressVPN subscription.
- To end your ExpressVPN subscription, click Cancel Subscription.
In this way, even if you’re using ExpressVPN’s free trial function, you can terminate your membership.
How to request an ExpressVPN refund?
After you’ve discontinued your automatic payments, you can request a refund. You should expect to be questioned why you are requesting a refund in the first place. If ExpressVPN was unable to complete a given task, you may receive advice on how to resolve the problem. Make sure you’ve tried all of your other options and are convinced you don’t need ExpressVPN anymore.
If this is the case, proceed as follows:
- Open the live chat. As previously stated, cancel your ExpressVPN subscription. From the ExpressVPN homepage, go to the My Account tab. Click the green live chat button at the bottom right corner.
- Start to chat. A chat window will open, then you have to request a refund from customer service. Ensure you provide them all of the information they require, like your email address.
- Wait for approval. As a formality, they might ask you to explain the reason for the cancellation. Within a few business days, the service will confirm the cancellation and notify you that you will receive the refund.
The refund policy of ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, permitting you to purchase with assurance. If you are dissatisfied with it, you now know how to request a complete refund. You are qualified for this policy regardless of the length of your subscription or the cause for your cancellation. Customers who sign up for an ExpressVPN subscription are eligible for a full refund up to 30 days after their subscription begins. When appealing for a refund, the VPN offers “no trouble, no worry.” All you need is a simple explanation of the issues you’re having.
The only issues that could arise are those relating to upgrading. If you upgrade or add a license to your account during the 30-day money-back guarantee period, you are waiving the guarantee – something to keep in mind. It’s also worth noting that the warranty is only good for “30 days.” Don’t be deceived: that’s not the same as a month.
At this point, it’s a good idea to go over the ExpressVPN refund policy again, to clarify what consumers should expect, and to offer some assistance to users who are past the 30-day mark.
In rare circumstances, customers can request refunds after the 30 days have passed. Refunds are possible according to the terms of service.
72 % NordVPN discount Click to Buy Now offer limited
Following are the reasons why you may not get your ExpressVPN refund:
There’s a possibility that ExpressVPN refunds will be refused or delayed for a variety of reasons.
- Purchasing ExpressVPN through the Apple App Store. On Apple devices, ExpressVPN does not offer 30-day refunds for in-app purchases. Refunds are still possible, but they must be requested through the App Store only.
- Paypal blocks auto-renewal cancellations. Customers have reported that PayPal has prohibited cancellations in some circumstances, which is why we recommend physically canceling Instant Payment Notifications or IPNs when requesting a refund.
- Not following ExpressVPN refund criteria. There’s a significant probability your request will be denied if there’s no evidence of service concerns and you haven’t informed ExpressVPN about them.
- Refund procedure not processed. Make sure to turn off the auto-renewal option because this can be the only possible way that your refund is not being processed. So, ensure to turn off the auto-renewal buttons during the cancellation process.
What Causes Users to Cancel Their ExpressVPN Subscriptions?
Although ExpressVPN does not offer a free trial, it does offer a generous 30-day money-back guarantee that allows users to test their services for free and without restrictions during that time, just like the other free VPN for Mac.
You’ve probably liked the ExpressVPN service’s ease of use. Choosing a pricing plan, adding your email address, and purchasing information with the payment option of your choice took few minutes. Furthermore, you didn’t have to input any information at any subsequent logins.
When you cancel an ExpressVPN subscription plan during this period from the time of purchase and registration using a personal account that you already have as a VPN service user, it is known as an ExpressVPN cancellation.
If you trying to figure out how to cancel Express VPN because you believe it is way too costly then you have to sign up for the ExpressVPN annual membership, it will become more affordable. The package costs $6.67 per month and includes three more months of free service. Before making a final selection, make sure you’re getting the greatest deal possible.
Alternatives of ExpressVPN
If you are not satisfied with ExpressVPN try out some other options. Here are some mostly liked VPN provider options:
Benefits: If you’re concerned about your security and privacy, NordVPN is the best solution. With a Panama jurisdiction and servers lacking a disk, you may rest assured that their no-logs policy is genuine. They’re also known for giving insanely fast connection speeds and outstanding performance, they are well known for unblocking Netflix and other streaming services. They do have the capability to connect with 6 devices with just one account.
Benefits: If you just have time for one recommendation, Surfshark is a high-quality, high-performing VPN. It comes with a variety of capabilities, including a kill switch, unblocking Netflix and other streaming sites, split tunneling, and a dedicated IP address. It is budget-friendly anyone can afford. You can connect an infinite number of devices, protect them from encryption, and benefit from high speeds.
Benefits: IPVanish boasts incredible download and upload speeds, ensuring a pleasant online experience. Without lag, you can watch your favorite shows and play games. I can unlock a wide range of systems thanks to its server network. Because IPVanish does not store any of your data, it will never disclose it. IPVanish uses high-quality encryption to keep your data safe. It also comes with a fantastic money-back guarantee that allows you to try it risk-free for 30 days. It also follows a rigorous no-logs policy, so you may feel safe entrusting your data to them.
Benefits: A trustworthy service provider and most affordable and accessible. You’ll be able to link up to five devices and use their high-speed servers, excellent ability to circumvent geo-restrictions, and other excellent features to properly secure yourself.
Frequently asked questions on ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN charges every month?
There are no monthly fees with ExpressVPN. Instead, you pay in advance for the entire subscription time. ExpressVPN is more expensive than some other VPNs, longer plans save you a lot of money. A yearly plan costs about 35% less than a monthly plan. It also has special offers from time to time, such as a 49 % discount on your subscription.
Is there a free trial for ExpressVPN?
Yes, however, ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its plans.
Is it possible to cancel ExpressVPN at any time?
Yes, you have the option to terminate ExpressVPN at any moment. However, if you wait longer than 30 days, you will not receive a refund.
How to cancel a subscription within 30 days?
To cancel ExpressVPN subscription within 30 days, you need to deactivate automatic payments by entering into your ExpressVPN account on the website. Next, open ExpressVPN’s chat window and request a refund.
Within how many days refund is initiated and reflects in the bank account?
You can expect your money back within 5 to 7 business days after your refund request is confirmed, sometimes even longer depending on your payment type (up to 14 weeks).
Is ExpressVPN a reliable service?
Yes, ExpressVPN is a reliable service. Their jurisdiction is the British Virgin Islands, and they have a court-approved, third-party audited no-logs policy.
He was working as Digital Marketing Executive at Â DevRabbit, a Software Company in Dublin based. It is an authorized Xamarin Consulting Company in Dublin and Hyderabad. He worked here for 2.7 years. He is a tech guy !!!!!!!!!!!!! as an Engineer he loves tech!!! BlackfridayVPNdeals.com, your source for the latest leaks, rumours, news and updates about everything related to Technology and services including Expressvpn, NordVPN, PureVPN.We strive to bring you the latest leaks and news, review but we also want to provide you with authentic information. We do that by verifying the authenticity of every leak or news we post on our website.
Linkendin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/alok-das/
facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aloklife4u/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/aloklife4u