How to install ExpressVPN in Amazon FireStick
Amazon fire stick is fast becoming the most popular and widely streaming device in the world enabling us to watch web series, movies, TV shows through the internet converting a television with an HDMI port into any kind of streaming device and can stream any content around the globe with the best VPN services. One of the favorite VPNs is ExpressVPN for streaming services. It is best in speed, durability, reliability and it can unlock geoblocking streaming servers, they can stream High-Definition videos without buffering at all. It works perfectly with all Fire devices and is also the best VPN with Amazon Prime Videos. The Amazon Firestick, a famous cord-cutting gadget, offering a dedicated ExpressVPN app. By installing the software on your FireStick will eliminate geo-restrictions, internet spying, and throttled ISP, allowing you to get the most out of your FireStick streaming experience.
ExpressVPN may be installed on Firestick in one of two ways:
- directly from the Amazon play store or
- by sideloading the APK version.
For most users, downloading ExpressVPN through the app store is the superior option because it ensures you’re getting the latest version and allows for automatic upgrades. If you can’t access the app store, you can sideload the ExpressVPN APK on your device. The first way includes various devices like Fire TV sticks, Fire TV, Fire Tv Cube, Fire TV Stick lite, and 4K and the second method is applicable for those with the older version of Fire TVs.
Procedure 1: How to install ExpressVPN directly on Firestick
The Amazon app store is the best place to download ExpressVPN with a lower risk of malware and other criminal behavior. This will download the app to the most recent version and, thoroughly scan, as well as enables automatic updates.
1) Select the magnifying glass option in the Amazon store.
Now, visit the home screen of Amazon, and in the top-left corner of the magnifying glass option download ExpressVPN. The search option will open.
2) Search up “ExpressVPN”
Select the first result after typing “ExpressVPN” into the Amazon search bar.
3) ExpressVPN download.
To download or install the application, ExpressVPN on your Firestick, select the “download” icon.
4) Set up the VPN,
Open the application by clicking the “open” button after installing the app. You will be able to set up and launch ExpressVPN.
How to Use ExpressVPN-
Now to proceed with that you’ve successfully installed the ExpressVPN APK on your Fire TV device. Here are the following steps:
How to use the App?
Navigate to All My Apps to find your newly downloaded ExpressVPN app. To move it to the top, pick Move from the Menu bar, drag it to the desired location, and then click OK. You can then launch the VPN application from there.
How to initiate Set up?
Click on the option open as you have already downloaded the app from the app store. Select Sign In on the next screen to input your credentials. After you login in, the app will ask you for permission to configure the Firestick. When Firestick asks for a connection request, simply click OK twice. The VPN app’s home screen should now be visible. To connect the VPN on your Firestick / Fire TV, click the red circle button it will turn green. However, to disconnect it, click on the ON/OFF button and it will turn red.
How to select ExpressVPN server on Fire Stick or TV?
ExpressVPN is simple to use, and you can connect instantly by pressing the power button. To select a server, click on the one that appears on the screen. You can choose one of the suggested servers or navigate to All Locations. Servers are highly organized into regions, countries, and even cities.
Procedure 2: How to sideloadExpressVPN on Firestick
There is another installation method that ExpressVPN does provide if someone doesn’t have access to the app store or the app isn’t visible in the store, sometimes the app is not downloaded properly. So, you have to download the APK file of ExpressVPN which is called the sideloading tool. This simply means you have to download the application that you will get from the distributor and with the help of the developer installing it.
To proceed with the following steps:
1) Installing the Downloader
On the main menu first, go to Find then click on the Search option. Then click the search button after typing Downloader in the search bar. Select the first option in the given list of downloaders. Press on the Download or Get, an option to initiate installation.
2) Turn on the Settings option
The downloading will start but first, you have to return to the main screen and find Fiirestick Settings. You will see the My Fire TV option, tap on it. After selecting that, an option says Developer option, click on it. Now, simply you have to turn on the Downloader option by selecting Install Unknown apps.
3) Downloading the Downloader
On your firestick, return to the downloading option of Downloader. Some prompts will appear on the screen allow them all. Now, you need to enter the Express VPN URL on the given bar and then download it, click on the “go” option following the “install” button to confirm it. The ExpressVPN is ready to go.
Procedure 3: An unusual process using MediaStreamer Smart DNS
It isn’t a preferable method of using ExpressVPN on your Fire Stick with MediaStreamer Smart DNS which is quite simple yet effective. Though you won’t get the privacy that a VPN generally provides, which is worth noticing.
- Make sure your IP address is static. Create a DDNS hostname if you do not have one, if you have one simply register itself.
- Now you have to log in to your account of ExpressVPN on your computer, then select the option which says Set Up on More Devices.
- Choose MediaStreamer from the drop-down menu and write down the two MediaStreamer IP addresses.
- Go to the Network menu in the Fire Stick Settings.
- Locate your Wi-Fi connection and press the forget button.
- Without connecting, re-enter your Wi-Fi password and pick the Advanced option.
- When prompted, enter an IP address from the same range as your router. In the Default Gateway section, type the IP address of your router.
- In the two DNS fields, type your two ExpressVPNMediaStreamer IP addresses.
- Click Connect to begin streaming.
If you want a more in-depth explanation, visit the ExpressVPN website to learn how to set up the MediaStreamer Smart DNS on your Fire Stick.
How to check for an update of ExpressVPN on the Firestick?
This is contingent in the first place on how you set up the VPN. It will be immediately updated if you downloaded it from the App Store. To see if this option is available, perform the following steps:
- Scroll to the top of the Fire OS home screen.
- Then, on the right, pick ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘Applications,’ then ‘App Store.’
- Check ‘Automatic Updates’ is turned on.
If you’ve sideloadedExpressVPN, you’ll need to go through the same steps for an update. In essence, you are installing a new version of the existing one. You might need to contact ExpressVPN’s support team for more details and an up-to-date URL for downloading the APK version.
How to check ExpressVPN is working properly on Firestick or not?
For this method, you’ll need any Web browser which is installed on your Firestick. This could be anything like Firefox, which is accessible on the Fire OS App Store. The steps are as follows:
- Download Firefox from the App Store on your Fire OS device.
- Then, open ExpressVPN and select any server to connect to.
- Close the VPN and then open Firefox (or any other Web browser).
- For more information, do visit the URL: https://www.expressvpn.com/what-is-my-ip.
- The IP address should be a virtual one which this page will check.
- If ExpressVPN is up and running and has changed the IP address that means your location doesn’t match your geographical location.
How to delete or uninstall ExpressVPN?
You may decide to change your VPN provider or stop using one altogether after using ExpressVPN for a while. In any case, you should uninstall ExpressVPN to clear up your app list and free up some space.
- To uninstall first you have to visit the Fire TV Stick’s homepage and look for your apps & games option in the ExpressVPN app.
- Press the menu button on your remote, on the right corner at the bottom of the screen a menu should appear.
- Now, for uninstalling the ExpressVPN app click the uninstall icon and wait up for the app to pass or disappear.
Your Amazon Firestick should no longer have ExpressVPN installed. If you are no longer using ExpressVPN, you should terminate your subscription now.
Main characteristics of ExpressVPN :
The fastest VPN amongst the entire VPN is ExpressVPN undoubtedly. Some special features of ExpressVPN are mentioned below-
- Under safe authority- ExpressVPN is said to be under secured jurisdiction or authority because they are home to the British Virgin Islands mainly the BVI where they don’t have any retention law under data. Under no circumstances, they do not allow companies or businesses to share any kind of user data.
- Connection to many devices- You can connect up to 5 devices at once with a single ExpressVPN account which means you may use ExpressVPN simultaneously on your Fire TV Stick, PC, mobile, tablets, MAC, or Android.
- ExpressVPN provides an extra feature- ExpressVPN provides an extra function called kill switch as you may know it provides Surfshark VPN. By this feature, ExpressVPN is allowed to disconnect itself when the system is not connected to the internet. None of the VPNs provide this feature on Firestick devices.
- 7 days for free- ExpressVPN gives out a free trial for 7 days. It allows you to test their service before going for it. You just need to have an email address without worrying about entering any credit card information.
- Largest server network- The largest server network provider across 90 countries with as many as 3000 servers provided by a single ExpressVPN. It simply connects to its servers, to begin with, safe browsing the internet and unblocking websites easily.
- Split tunneling is a feature that ExpressVPN possesses that is fairly uncommon among VPN companies. This feature also allows you to choose which programs you want to be exempt from the VPN connection, as well as which apps you want to tunnel through the VPN. It’s useful if you don’t want to mess with other programs’ functionality.
- VPN Protocol- You have the option of choosing between UDP and TCP for encryption. However, it’s best to keep this option set to “Automatic.”
- Autoconnect function- When you turn on Firestick, ExpressVPN will automatically connect to your last server.
- Protection of Network- Select whether or not to activate the kill switch, as well as whether or not you want your device to be visible to other devices on your local network.
- Shortcuts for Apps and Websites- You can specify which apps ExpressVPN should propose after you connect to a server.
- Server in more than 90 countries.
- Easy to set up the app on your own.
- The application is beginner-friendly.
- It allows great privacy with high-level security.
- Slightly high-priced application.
- Restricted to 5 devices.
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly one of the greatest VPNs on Firestick. It’s a multi-purpose tool that may be used for privacy, security, and unblocking restricted information. ExpressVPN may be installed on your Firestick or Fire TV using the steps outlined above. The Firestick app is meant to work with a remote. ExpressVPN is a simple and secure solution to protect your personal information while also bypassing any Firestick streaming limitations or restrictions. With excellent speeds, servers in 94 countries, and a 30-day money-back guarantee, you won’t be putting your Firestick at risk when using this VPN. Our guide on how to download, install and use ExpressVPN on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV devices comes to a close here.